Sunday, January 13, 2008

Dinner with RecruiterGuy...

Ahhh, the glamour of recruiting. :-)

So I'm sitting here in my office (at home) catching up on weekend emails and deciding how to organize the blogs and social network efforts for the next two weeks - and I notice the dinner that I 'plonked' down in front of myself...

It would seem that I got so wrapped up in answering quick inquiries about job locations, duties, and of course the spots I've available on my team, that I forgot to grab a bite to eat. Now those of you that know me, know that this is NOT my usual motes operandi. I'm big on quality of life and keeping personal life and health up front.

Now normally I wouldn't have thought twice about the following - but over the course of the last 30 days or so, I've had a number of people tell me that my job sounds like something that most would kill for. That my work and the recruiters on my team get to be involved in so many different markets and projects and travel and and and and... that ANYONE would kill for the job.

Okay, this is flattering - and does fall in line with that romantic idea that most have of 'recruiting'.. but it should be clear that while there are the occasional perks and fun locations to go to... most nights are no more exciting than a bowl of Chicken Spaghetti and a domestic beer.
So as I closed out a few emails and got ready to get some nourishment into my body, I got a chuckle out of what lay in front of me - so yeah, I took a snapshot of it....

Love my job? Absolutely!
Passionate about it? Of course! Why else would I be checking emails and working calls to 5 different states and potential job seekers between Girl Scout Cookie Sales and Honey-do's throughout my Sunday?

Glamorous? Nope.
Awesome? Yep.
For everyone? Ha!

Posted by Picasa