Saturday, August 26, 2006

Welcome to RecruiterGuy!

I am RecruiterGuy and this is a redirect to my full blog that can be found at www.recruiterguy.net.

With that said, here are some quick blurbs about me and RecruiterGuy.net

What is RecruiterGuy.net for?
The goal of this Blog is to continue to develop my knowledge of Recruiting and my personal network of industry and professional peers and job seekers throughout the world. I’ll more than likely post here very much the same way that I would converse in person - you may find shorthand, abbreviations, wandering topics, heated debate, and proof that there are times when a fruit fly might have more of an attention span that I have.

What’s with the Purple Squirrel?
Anyone that has been in recruiting for any amount of time has been asked to find the purple squirrel. It’s that perfect candidate that has 5 certifications, 10 years of industry specific experience, speaks 3 languages, is willing to relocate to the Antarctic with 24hrs notice (w/o relo), and will work for minimum wage.
The elusive “perfect candidate” that clients everywhere seem to think are pounding down our doors for a job.

The header of the site will no doubt change along with my many moods of the year but that purple squirrel will always be around here somewhere… After all - they’re everywhere, right? ;)

How long have you been blogging?
In one fashion or another I’ve been blogging for nearly 10 years. I manage a small community of blogs for kicks and enjoy customizing blog layouts for friends and family.

Is the Internet really a series of tubes?
Yes. Um… No. Er…. Next question please.

How long have you been recruiting?
I’ve been a recruiter in one fashion or another for over 12 years. With the emergence of Internet recruiting some years ago I fell in love with recruiting all over again. Of course, don’t get me wrong - I don’t think it’s ALL about Internet Recruiting - but a healthy balance with a realization of how powerful a tool the Internet can be in the recruiting toolbox is a necessity in today’s markets.

Who is your current employer?
Since this is my personal blog and not affiliated in any way, shape, fashion, or form with my employer, I won’t be sharing this outright. (you read my disclaimer, right?) I’m sure if you hang around long enough and chat me up, you’ll find it’s easy enough to figure out. :-)